Blossoming Belly Butter
As the skin across pregnant bellies stretches tighter and tighter, the accompanying itch and skin irritation is hard to ignore. This butter will not only help reduce this irritation it will go along way to preventing or reducing stretch marks.
For this belly butter recipe, I choose calendula (calendula is also known for helping scars and stretch marks to heal and fade), geranium, frankincense and lavender essential oils because they are safe during pregnancy and have a calming effect on the skin. They are also very effective when blended with the kinds of butter and oils in this recipe to help keep and restore the skin’s elasticity and lessen the chance of stretch marks. It’s light and fluffy like whipped cream and looks good enough to eat!
90% of women get pregnancy stretch marks. Most assume it’s just genetics. But there ARE things you can do. Here’s how to get rid of stretch marks naturally.
- This study, focused on a product that contained vitamin E and rosehip oil, found that they significantly reduced women’s stretch marks.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that olive oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, vitamin E, Geranium essential oil, and Rosehip oil are all skin nourishing products that can be combined and applied to the belly to reduce stretch marks.
To prevent stretch mark using lotions and potions is generally not enough. It is important to also focus on diet and nutrition. Examples:
- Staying hydrated can be tough when you’re pregnant but it’s essential for preventing stretch marks and having a healthy pregnancy.
- Many women have found that following a real food diet has prevented them from getting more stretch marks and even healed old ones!
- Your body also needs vitamins A, C, & E, and zinc to produce collagen.
- Gelatin is HUGE in supporting healthy skin. Gelatin from grass-fed animals contains the amino acids glycine and proline, which are literally building blocks to collagen.
Ingredients - Organic Shea Butter, Organic Cocoa Butter, Coconut oil, Avocado oil, Calendula infused almond oil, Rosehip seed oil, Vitamin E, Arrowroot powder, Lavender oil, Frankincense oil & Geranium oil